Eating and dining out can get, well, pricey. How does one-lover-of-food enjoy the many tasteful delights my city offers, yet still maintain a healthy and manageable budget? There are some tricks and trades I love sharing with people:
MY TOP 5 "HOW-TO-EAT-OUT" SECRETS:
1) Check out lunch: Lunch, especially at fancy-schamcy restaurants, are less expensive and slightly less portions versus dinner. The lunch option are almost identical to dinner. Why not?
2) Happy hour: Price breaks on booze, small plates, and appetizers? How could you go wrong? But, be sure to set your schedule: either go super early, or super late. Happy hours at popular eateries will get packed up.
3) Go local: Something about a small mom-and-pop shop that makes wholesome, well-tasted food, at a decent price makes my heart melt. Not only is the food delicious and decent portioned, it will not break your bank.
4) Go for apps: Appetizers are a great way to try small bites at a new restaurant. Order 3, 4 or 5 and share your best foodie friend, skip the entree all together. It is one of my favorite ways to eat out!
5) Check out local foodie events: Free food, or small priced, events are a great way to see what the community is eating, savorying, and trending with food. The bonus? You get to meet other local foodies who enjoy food just as much, if not more, than you.